Sunday, July 3, 2011

Birthday Notes

Sooo..... my birthday is coming up here soon and I'm thinking I'll treat myself to a pattern that I've been wanting to have for quite some time now. Sitting on my Amazon.com wish list is period patten no. 41 by Period Patterns. See, for a while now I've wanted to rejoin the Society for Creative Anachronism, an awesome organization for recreating the best of the middle ages and Renaissance. and I love love love the Italian Renaissance style of garb (how very happy I was when Shotime aired The Borgias). So for a little while now I've been trying to come up with a renaisance wardrobe to wear to events. I'm gonna add one of these babies to my (ever expanding) list of things to sew:

Of course, money is tight at the moment so creating a period gown isn't exactly high on my priorities list. But I do like to wile away an evening planning things that are gorgeous :)

I'm going to an SCA meeting this upcoming Wednesday so we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment