Monday, July 4, 2011

Thirsty Girl Drinks

Gardening, yard work, and cooking are rituals for me. Rituals which demand libation! I have favorites for each enterprise, which combined with appropriate consumption of water, make strenuous activities less so.

For gardening, I like to take along with me a frosty glass of Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat or Noble Pils. Both are excellent for spring or summer.Yum! Yard work needs something light and refreshing, and my new favorite beer is Palm, an amber ale from Belgium that is really smooth. Cooking is a time for heavier, classy drinks. I quite enjoy a glass of wine if I'm cooking with it, but a martini is just fine for an aperitif.

Meg's Dirty Martini
  •  Equal parts Vodka and dry Vermouth, to total about 3 to 4 oz.
  • 1/2 oz. or to taste green olive brine from a glass jar of olives
  • 4 green olives
Mix all ingredients and pour into a glass with a few cubes of ice. Put on some jazz music and enjoy cooking your family or self a fantastic meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment